Total Horse is an ecommerce business related to selling equine supplements, feed and sundries.
Why do we need to collect your data?
The law set on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations we can collect and process your data with your consent
For example: when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
Fulfilling a contract
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to you
For example: if you place an order with us for delivery, we will collect your address details to deliver your order and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data
For example: we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Total Horse to law enforcement
In certain situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your right, freedom or interests
For example: we may use your purchase history to send you or make available offers by email
We will also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand or offer new products
When do we collect your data?
When you create an account with us
When you visit our website and use your account to place an order
When you make an online purchase and checkout as a guest (in which case we just collect the transaction data).
When you place an order by telephone but don’t have or don’t use an account
When you engage on social media with us
When you sign up for our newsletter and tick the consent button
What data do we collect?
- If you have a web account with us: Your name, Billing/Delivery address, telephone numbers, email, orders and receipts. For your security we will also keep an encrypted record of your login password
- If you place an order by phone Your name, Billing/Delivery address, telephone numbers, orders and receipts
- If you collect from our premises your image, car and registration may be recorded on CCTV
- Details of purchases you have made, items viewed or added to your basket, wish list, voucher redemptions.
- If you provide us with product reviews we may share that data on our website.
Who do we share your data with?
We share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example: Delivery couriers, email marketing, for fraud management and our payment gateway
This data is only shared for the purpose of us fulfilling either our consensual, contractual, or legal obligation to you and for them to carry out their specific service.
Where your data may be held?
We hold your personal details on our web hosted secure server in the UK.
If you have given consent by linking to our social media sites then that data may be shared with Facebook
What are your rights over personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you, that Total Horse holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Total Horse, 67D-71 Northgate, Cleckheaton BD19 3HZ or email email@example.com To ask for your information to be amended, please update your online account, or contact our office.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
How can you stop the use of personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the unsubscribe link in any email newsletter communication we send you
- If you have an account, log into your Total Horse account, visit the “My Account” area and change your preferences.
- Contact us in writing Total Horse, 67D-71 Northgate, Cleckheaton BD19 3HZ
You may still receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Contacting the regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.